|Berea and the Coronavirus
Berea continues to conduct worship services, Christian education, pastoral visitation, and community service - but differently. We encourage you to watch our services online and take advantage of "distance learning" opportunities. On Facebook LIVE we are holding worship services Sundays at 10:45 and Thursday at 7:00 pm, Bible studies Sundays at 9:45 and Thursdays at 10:45, and a daily commentary on our April Stay-at-Home Gospel Reading Challenge.
Other events are temporarily suspended. Our office is basically closed, though one staff member will be in each day to handle essentials. If you need to drop off or pick up something, please call first. We can mail items to you.
The Before & After Care program will be closed as long as Richfield Public Schools are closed.
When something changes, we will inform you in as many ways as possible, including email and our CallingPost system (which uses an Oklahoma 405 number), so make sure the office has your current phone numbers and email addresses.
There are many ways you can stay connected to Christ’s body:
Above all, remember to pray for each other, for all those who are sick, and for their caregivers. And remember that God does not give us a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7), but works all things together for our good (Romans 8:28)! Share Jesus with the anxious and lonely!
Information from the CDC
- See or hear the services online (Facebook / YouTube / Podcast) or ask the office to send you a DVD and worship bulletin in the mail.
- Follow along with the online worship bulletins.
- Join one of the online Bible studies (Facebook) and take the Stay-at-Home Bible Reading Challenge.
- There are many trustworthy resources for daily devotions and Bible study.
- Send your email address to the office (email@example.com) to receive newsletters and other communications.
- Read the weekly Beacon online.
- Make your offering online or mail it - bills and salaries still need to be paid!
- Ask the office to put you on the BEAM list for home communion.
- Call up your friends and talk, or chat on our Facebook group!
- Consider special donations to LCMS World Relief to help with the crisis.
- Let us know if you or your neighbor need assistance; there are members who are willing to help in various ways.
Minnesota Department of Health and COVID-19 Hotlines
A video message from the President of the Missouri Synod
"What Martin Luther Teaches Us About Coronavirus"